Sunday, September 15, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

So, it's Sunday, September 15th.  Today has been a rainy day, although the last couple of hours or so the rain has stopped and I've even seen a few rays of sunshine. 

Taken from my patio door, looking up between the houses.

This is the arch in the garden.  Looks beautifully sunshiny.  
During the dry spot, I hopped on my bicycle and picked up some supplies as well as took a bit of a trek down the river to see what it was like.  The waters were certainly higher, browner and the water was flowing faster.
As you can see the plants, it looks like the water may have been higher at some point. 




This is a playground area in front of an apartment building not far from my place.  
This morning when I woke up, this is what I was hearing and seeing.  Sure was coming down pretty fast.  


Tomorrow is supposed to be Back to School Day at CAJ.  School has been cancelled for the pending tropical cyclone 18.  I've heard there is more rain and wind coming tomorrow which may make things rather messy, but I have not experienced power outages here, even the cyclone we went through last year.  

On another note, I have a tune stuck in my head, it's a song written by one of my former students, Kayte.  I have really enjoyed listening to it and I find myself "singing" it in my head as I bicycle around.  Here's the link to the video and you have an opportunity to download the song.  Fifty percent of the amount you pay for the download  two shelter projects, one in New York City and one in Washington, DC.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  Thanks!  

Kayte Grace Music Video "All's Not Spoken"

Please feel free to leave any comments you may have.  


No comments:

Post a Comment