Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Fabulous Second Graders!

I am not very good at picking up my mail, at my house, on a regular basis.  Truth be told, I have most of my mail sent to school.  It's a little easier that way and in case of larger envelops or packages, there is always someone to sign for it.  I also find there is quite a bit of junk mail that ends up in the mailbox, mostly flyers for various stores or events.  It is another reason I don't check it too often.
So, today I was going out to run some errands when I saw there were a few things in the mailbox and thought I'd better empty it.  Wouldn't you know it!  There was an envelop from Washington Christian Academy!  This was what was in the envelop. 
Merry Christmas cards from 2013 plus the tree in the background from the class last year!
Merry
Christ
Mas!!
There were nine cards in the envelop, one from each of the 2nd graders from WCA as well as the teacher!  How fun!  What was really neat is that the cards spelled, "Merry Christmas!!" and each card had a note inside! 
I have been blessed to be a part of this class.  They are one of my prayer warriors!  Each week they pray for me and the work here at CAJ and for the people in Japan.  About once a month, I have the privilege of having a Skype session with the class.  For the Skype session, each of the students have some prepared questions but invariably they ask me about the previous prayer requests and ask if there are any other prayer requests.  Each time we end our session with a 2nd grader praying for the prayer requests.  Yup, I'm pretty blessed to be a part of this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment