Friday, May 30, 2014

Grade 8 graduation

Today was grade 8 graduation dinner and ceremony.  The last week or so I have been so busy thinking about what I need to have done, how to do things, and just making sure I have it all together!  I found it hard to even think of other things, such as requests for something for next week or what I was going to do this summer.  It is safe to say that grade 8 graduation day was consuming my mind.  
I am home and it is all done now, about 10 p.m.  It is a huge relief.  The first time you do things, you're not sure of how it will go and whether everything has been thought of and covered.  The staff have been VERY helpful and I am glad I work with a great group.  
The grad dinner was at 5:15 p.m. and High School students provided child care.  I also had some older siblings and some High School students help out serving at the dinner.  
The grad program began at 7:00 p.m.  There were some musical pieces and some speeches as well as the introduction of each of the graduates.  Afterwards there was cake available.  Over the course of the evening, I would imagine there were hundreds of pictures taken.  I only took a few.  
Plaza
Dinner
Dinner
Dinner
Buffet
In the Plaza
In the plaza
It was  a good evening.  The students had fun and the parents enjoyed the evening as well.  I am quite tired now.  Ready for a good night of sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment