Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sunday laziness and Monday hiking

I arrived in Langley, British Columbia late Saturday evening.  It was warm here with nice, sunny weather the next couple of days.  Sunday I was able to see some nephews, nieces, great nephews, great nieces and well my brother and sister-in-law.  There was a lot of sitting around on Sunday, at least for the adults, well except for some of the parents of the young'uns.
Lots of pool fun!

Sitting and chatting
Monday was a day of exercise.  In the late morning, Anne and I went to Derby Reach Regional Park to walk the Houston Trail not far from their house.  It's a 3.3 km walk with some beautiful views, mostly shade. 
See my reflection in the sign?
It was wooded the whole 3.3 km.
Looking up through the trees.
Marshy deadwood area.
 In the evening I met up with Cindy in Abbotsford.  We went out to White Spot and afterwards we decided to walk around Mill Lake which is another 2.3 km walk.  It was a beautiful evening.  We completed the loop and sat down at a bench to chat for a while. 
Facing west.
Another beautiful sunset by Mill Lake.
Who knows what Tuesday and the rest of the week brings?  I know there are some plans set and I am looking forward to visiting and doing some sightseeing.  This is a very beautiful part of the world.  I love the mountains and am in awe every time they come to view.  The weather has been nice and sunny as well, making things look very beautiful. 
Thank you for following this blog.  I hope you are enjoying my summer adventures, even though I'm not in Japan.


No comments:

Post a Comment