Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday wasn't so black.

Our school isn't really, fully 100% American, but we do follow a western style of education and we follow the US/Canada school calendar.  We do not necessarily follow all the American holidays, but do adhere to some, such as Christmas and Easter.  We sort of follow Canadian Thanksgiving, the second Monday in October.  It falls at the same time as our Fall break... a coincidence?  Maybe not so much.  We also sort of follow American Thanksgiving, although we do have classes for 1/2 day on the Thanksgiving day, and then have the Friday off.  That's where we are right now.
This year, I have been invited by the VanderHaak's to come up to Tak for the American Thanksgiving weekend.  It is up north by Shichigahama.  It is a great place to relax and well, do some homework too.
Here you can see some of the colours on the trees.
Some mountains in the background also.
This morning after I got up, I took a walk/run down to the beach.  The sun had risen some already and it was a beautiful day.
Add caption
When I went to the other beach, I saw that things had changed quite a bit since the last time I was here.  There was a lot of construction on a berm along the beach.
Working on the berm
 The path made for pedestrians and vehicles on the left.
I love the "Sorry!" 
I understand that the piece of land between the berm and the road is going to be made into a park.  I saw this at the entrance to the construction site.   
Isn't that an interesting bell?
As you walk towards the fishing village, you can still see some of the foundations of where the houses were before the 3/11 tsunami.  
Foundation is still there.
 Now there is a lot of construction and the roads have changed some. 
A new road to the fishing village
This bird/chicken was checking me out as I walked by
 There are a lot of weeds that have grown in places where houses stood before. 
Looking towards the beach
Weeds among the foundations
One of the great things about being here, is when you're sitting on the couch or laying in bed in the cabin, you can still hear the sound of the ocean.  I find it relaxing.  Yup.  Enjoy this little video...


I am glad for breaks as they give me time to re-energize.  I hope you will have the opportunity to experience a change of pace during this season as we head towards celebrating Christ's birth and look forward to his second coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment