Friday, May 15, 2015

O Canada!

I had the privilege of going to the Canadian Embassy in Tokyo today.  I finally gathered all my documents and pictures together, so I can get my passport renewed.  I have not been at the Canadian Embassy here in Tokyo, so I was excited to see what this Embassy looked like.  The building did have a certain Canadian flavor.  Here are some pictures I took while I was there. 

An interesting arc
The Embassy is on a fairly major thoroughfare.  As I walked from the Aoyama-Itchome station, you walk past this arc beside the sidewalk. 
In order to get into the building you have to go up this escalator. 
Looking down the escalator
The entrance
Provincial flags
After I went down, yes down to the 3rd floor, to drop off my application, payment, pictures and passport, to exit, you have to go back up to the entrance to exit the building.  Just outside of the entrance door, they have a large space with some art.  I took some pictures. 

Looks something like an Inukshuk
From the one end.
From the other end.

WAVE by Kantaroff Maryon
 I enjoyed my visit to the Canadian Embassy.  I love the art they have there.  There is a small gallery there as well.  I know each month I get an email with various exhibits.  I haven't gone to see any yet, but maybe I'll do that sometime soon. 
Afterwards, it was lunchtime, so I hopped on the train for one stop, and went to Wendy's for a burger. 

 By the way, Wendy's moved to a new location and they have made some changes to their menu.  One of the new things they offer are flavoured fries!  It was an interesting taste.  I can't remember, but I think I had butter and baked potato flavour. 

After lunch, I had a Kanto Plain Middle School Principal meeting.  It was a good meeting, lots of learning, gleaning ideas that maybe we can implement at CAJ. 

I came home still tired, even after doing what seemed to be less work, but it was still a productive day.  I am grateful that we have weekends at the end of a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment