Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016

On the 28th of each month, there is a temple sale in Kawagoe.  A temple sale is kind of like a neighborhood sale that is held at the temple.  I enjoy visiting the temple sale, because sometimes you find great items.  I found a ceramic pillow once.  Actually I bought it without having a clue what it was.  There is usually a lot of fabric that is sold, primarily for kimonos. I don't look for kimono fabric to wear a kimono, but use the fabric for other things.  

Today the VanderHaak's invited me to go along with them to the temple sale in Kawagoe.  
Just outside the temple area
A part inside the temple area
Here are the pieces I ended up purchasing today.  
A large bottle, possibly a sake bottle.

A large jar.  
Kokeshi dolls.  Three different kinds, which means they are probably from three different areas in Japan. (Ignore the laundry hanging in the back!)
After we had perused the booths, we hopped in the vehicle and went to Kona Coffee Hawaiian pancake Cafe for brunch.  They have delicious coffee and great pancakes.  
The sign said it opened at 10 am and true to form at exactly 10 am on the dot, the doors opened!
It was a very filling meal.  I would recommend it.  
I couldn't resist taking this picture.  It was on the way back home.  Three small cars parked side by side.  Aren't they just cute?  
It was a good Monday of spring break!  I'm so thankful for weeks like this that allow for different activities outside of the weekend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment